Monday, January 17, 2011

house tour: living room

Since I love looking at other people's living spaces, I figured I would post some photos of our apartment for the interested masses (ie. our moms).

We live in Charles Village, which was voted one of the 10 best neighborhoods in the country by the American Planning Association. We lived in this hood last year, too, but we moved into this new apartment in August for many reasons; it's a bit bigger, light and airy and not as hot in the summer as our last place.

First up, our living room:


Sealion chasing his toy mouse on our new rug, which was a Christmas present from my sisters.
Antique pedestal side table found via craigslist for $30 and painted white; antique set of drawers found at local furniture store for only $79; beautiful antique wooden armchair (that needs reupholstering) on craigslist for only $50!

Antique lamp bases climbing up the wall were found yesterday at a salvage shop.

These plants get lots of light! My lemon tree hasn't sprouted any lemons yet and it's been almost a year since I've had it. :/

Pretty little light catcher that I got in Spring Lake, NJ (right near where my mom grew up) when I was a kid.
The pretty art piece on the right is from Tim's brother, who made it for us for our wedding. It's called "The Sage Chapel, deconstructed" and has parts of the chapel in which we were married printed on it.

The framed hearts and sailboat pictures were made by me with recycled magazines.
Found these old floral post cards in the antique shop down the street from where I work.
Stained glass my wedding gift from Tim.

Stay tuned for photos from our bedroom and our spare room/office.



4 comments:

  1. Wow-the apartment looks great! I love the way you've decorated everything! Thanks for the photos-I hope to see it in person soon :)
    -Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, you seem to have a knack for decorating. Must have gotten it from me, hahahaha!! When I first saw the climbing lamp things, I wondered what you did with that white framed art piece I loved, but now I see you put it over by the other corner. Looks good. :)
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very peaceful and relaxing....great job on making it homey. :) Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. your place is nice! it looks very bright.

    ReplyDelete