Monday, July 22, 2013

beach baby

I'm happy that I have a beach baby. Mercy loves everything about the beach--the people, the sand, the water, the seaweed, the waves, the rocks and shells, the breeze, the umbrellas, birds, etc.








Yesterday, we went to the beach with friends from Baltimore who were up for a visit. The rip tides were extremely strong, and we saw someone get rescued by about six life guards. Despite this, of course Tim and Jacob went out boogie boarding. Within minutes, the life guards were out again to save someone else. I couldn't find Tim and Jacob. It was because they were being rescued. ahaha. According to them, they didn't really need the help. I guess it was more of a precaution. Tim said when the one lifeguard reached him, he asked her in which direction they should swim, and she just said, "Man, I'm tired." Anyway, when they came to shore, everyone on the beach clapped and Mercy herself clapped and said 'yay' over and over again. Well, thanks for saving our husbands, Westerly lifeguards. What an adventure. 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad the lifeguards saved Tim & Jacob! Riptides are no joke-when I was a kid we were in Cape Cod during a bad one and 6 people drowned. Glad Mercy loves the beach-it is wonderful, free entertainment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exhilarating adventure. haha. It was a fun beachtrip nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete